Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Pinwheel


Pinwheel
Originally uploaded by Baigneuse.
I finished this object with record speed which is quite unusual for me. Most of the time a WIP festers on top of my knitting stash until I frog it and start a new object.
I first saw this project on the Knitty picture gallery and was so inspired that I just had to do it. Luckily I already had a minor stash of baby friendly yarn at the ready so I didn't have to buy anything. The pattern can be found at
  • Spiral Pattern

  • I did mess up a bit at the start on double pointed needles but did not notice until I was pretty far into it. That is why one of the sections looks like it has some loose gaps.

    5 Comments:

    • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

      The second blanket is coming along quite nicely. I've gotten far enough so that it is off the double pointed needles and onto circulars. I may even have enough yarn left over for a matching bunny.

       
    • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said…

      I kno wI LOVE this blanket, I'm makin gone too as soon as I pick out some colors...

       
    • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      The blanket turned out really awesome! (I only wish that the color would've shown up better in the foto.)

      The way you sped through this project and jumped to the second one, you might be encouraging me to give it a whirl. (Pun intended.)

      Great job!

       
    • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga said…

      This a great blanket. Can you tell me what size needles you are using? I didn't see that in the pattern that I downloaded. I like the way yours turned out so well.

      I have a request as well. If you are going to be at the next SNB on the 10th would you mind helping me get started, I have never used dpn's and need a little coaching.

      Thanks
      Hanane

       
    • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

      Hey Hanane,

      Thanks for the compliment on the blanket. For the project I used size 8 needles.

      I will definately be at the next SnB and can show you how to use the dpns. I know whenever I use them I have to have those point protecters on each end just to keep the needles from falling out.

      P.S. Did you get a chance to see the masks?

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home