Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Swirly Madness


Closeup
Originally uploaded by Baigneuse.
So hypnotic.......so swirly. One can only hope that the baby it is going to will not suffer from some tie-dyed psychosis as a result. I finished my second spiral baby blanket in just under 2 weeks. I decided to go a little slower and give my hands a break lest I get carpal tunnel at a young age. This time around I used Bernat's "Cotton Tots" in Jelly Belly. It took 3 skeins for the body and 1/2 for the outer edge. My last blanket kept curling at the edge so this time around I did a garter stitch and it made it a lot easier to deal with when photographing. I took this photo outdoors in the evening so it is much more bluish then real life. Its much more green and purple.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks, it is a great mindless project to work on while watching tv and looks far more impressive than something that easy has a right to be.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Love the colours! Did you find your blanket laid flat ok? My first one seemed like there was 'too much fabric' to lay flat, if that makes sense. I'm considering dropping one of the repeats on the next one.....

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    It was a little ruffly around the edges before I blocked it. I did the edge in a garter stitch because the first one I did kept rolling up on me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home