Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Headline News


After a few days of knitting I finally broke down. I am simply incapable of being a one project girl. As a result of this meltdown I was compelled to start something different. I took a break from finishing my father's day gift and started/completed a hat. My ever trusty Netflix supplied me with a marathon of Alias episodes for my viewing pleasure so while watching them I cast on and knit the SnBN newsboy. Huzzah!

In other news my kitty has made it her life's mission to knock everything off of any available surface so that she can nap on it. She cleared a coffee table, a chair, and part of my desk all in an effort to stretch out. I may as well be living with a dog the way she's going.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    What a gorgeous hat. It's fantastic and I think it will really suit you.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks awesome! I really like this pattern, I wear mine all the time. Incidentally - where did you get your styrofoam head?

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks ladies! I really like the pattern too, I picked up this pink and a brown/blue yarn to make 2 versions.

    I bought my model head at a local Sally's Beauty Supply Store.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute hat!

    I too am incapable of being knitting-project-monogamous!

    And I just noticed on your blurb that you are a fan of Doctor Who -- the new one, or the old one?

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    I love the new Doctor Who. My dad is a seriously old school Dr Who fan but now we have a show we can both watch and enjoy together. Other than the Simpsons that it. Are you a fan of the new show? I've been trying to hook people onto it but they are resisting my efforts. Resistance if futile people!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said…

    ooh very nice hat! very very cute

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! Just recently our "kitties" (phhtthh) have decided that there shall be nothing on the bedside tables, and anything that dare ignore this declaration, such as alarm clock or glasses, shall be cast out, er.. down! Sheesh - and they start their rounds at 4 AM! Eep!

    The newsboy cap looks great! Lilyan made one and I love wearing hers, even though it's ridiculously too big. And great job on the Dad DNA scarf.

    I may have to check out the new Dr. Who once they're on Netflix.

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Kitties and their quirks. Just another reason for me to sleep with the door closed.

    I've already made a second version of the newsboy hat in brown/blue. The yarn was more springy so it came out smaller than the pink one. I can defianately see myself doing a third.

    Like the Dr. Who scarf I knit for my Dad the DNA was something that I was glad to be finished with. Whew!

    I definately recommend the new Who series. I've already got it in my Netflix list. That and second season of Project Runway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home