Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Saturday Special

The Saturday Market Bag is finished. Another check mark on my “To Do List” of knitting. Sweet.

It was an easy knit despite the 4 false starts I had. Inevitably with lace if you don’t use safety lines your going to screw up and have to frog the whole thing. After awhile it got to be ridiculous so I put in the lines and had no trouble from then on. When I finished one side of the bag I was mildly concerned that it wouldn’t be big enough so I added an extra set of lace repeats to each side. I shouldn’t have worried because the tote stretches out even when it looks like it won’t. I was able to fit 10 skeins of yarn into the bag easily. The holes are not too big so as long as I’m not storing straight needles or pens inside of it I should be good to go.


Yarn: Sugar and Cream in “Summer Splash”. The bag took less than 2 skeins even with the extra repeats.
Pattern: Magknits June 2006 issue.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said…

    ooh very nice!!!

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Great bag, it looks fantastic in that yarn.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That bag is great! And damn, you freak me out with your quick knitting sometimes! Hee! I want to make that bag, too, and even more so now that I see your's.

    Great job... again. (I think I'm running outta smiley face stickers. You're that good!)

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks!
    I'm enjoying this bag a lot too. I may use it as a new knitting tote since it will carry so much. I already want to make more in different colors. Just another reason to go to the LYS.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I really like that and in that yarn. The variegated striping looks nice. Bonus it's so inexpensive! I've wanted to make some kind of market bag forever; I think this will do the trick.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga said…

    Love the bag!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home