Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hat Madness .....Again

It's that time of the year again when I go a little Hat-Happy. I've finished 3 in a pretty short amount of time and I still have more in the works.

The first is a bucket hat that is basically the Topi from Knitty.com with a much bigger brim. I did it once with a garter stitch and hated how it looked so I did a knit brim with a turning ridge and knit the back part and folded it under. Just like the Topi cap brim.


















Next is another Fake Isle hat with a lovely pink alpaca and a crazy fuschia/purple/pink combo.
I made the top to tight so I'm going to have to redo that portion.














Next is a Moss stitch beret. I ADORE the brim of this hat. I must use it again and again. You do a provisional cast on and fold it over. You then knit the provisional stitches with the live stiches and get a smooth brim.














I finished the Brea Bag for my Mom's birthday but I failed to get a picture of it. This is an in progress shot but you can get the basic idea of how it looked.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    These hats are fabulous!

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Batty said…

    You look fantastic in hats. No wonder you keep making them!

    The bag is going to look great too. Can't wait to see the FO (no pressure, really... : ))

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Genia said…

    I love all of your hats - let's just say, I am a fan! I saw on Tara yesterday that the snood is coming back, but as a cap. Have you ever seen a pattern for one? I am only finding the ones from the 20's. that's how I found your blog - it came up on a google search!

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks! I just left a comment on your blog about where you can find snoods.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home