Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Icarus Flying Free At Last

















It took months of knitting and at least a half dozen false starts to get this thing done but it was all worth it. According to my knitting journal I started this on October 19, 2006 and I was done as of April 25th, 2007. To be fair I did put this project down for most of those months but it was still a time intensive project.

It was funny how my family didn’t seem to believe me when I said the shawl I was knitting would eventually look like the picture in the magazine. Even when I was done and I explained the whole idea of blocking they didn’t seem to buy it. It was the same way when I started with felting. I ended up pinning the shawl to a bed and steam blocking it with an iron.

I didn’t want to leave it out too long because my cat has a radar for things I don’t want her to lay down on. She won’t move all day except to eat and suddenly she’ll appear out of nowhere to roll on wool. I guess you have to find your jollies somewhere when your old, decrepit and evil.

The only mod I made was to use size 4 needles instead of 3. With only 8 rows left to go I ran out of the Grape Jelly color of Knitpicks I was using and I ended up having to use some blue I had to finish it off.

Another hat from me as well. I frogged another hat project to make this Newsboy cap.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:50 AM, Blogger Theresa said…

    Your Icarus is lovely! I can't wait to see mine finished...

     
  • At 3:39 AM, Blogger Peri said…

    Lovely - such a rich colour.

    Adore the cap!

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely. The purple & blue go together really well :)

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks Everyone!

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the blue edging, you would never think it's not intentional. Such a fabulous shawl!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Batty said…

    The blue edging makes it even more stunning. I love it!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow - your Icarus is beautiful! I love how it turned out and would've thought that you did the blue on purpose just to jazz it up a bit. (Yes, there were splayed fingers-hands used when I typed that.)

    Great job. (but that still doesn't motivate me to get mine done - ugh)

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That shawl is gorgeous! Looks like the colour change is a design feature!

    Janey
    janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Baigneuse,

    do you sell your knitted products? I would like to get a watermelon beenie for a friend. Pleas let me know, email me @ cah_davidstone@yahoo.com

    Thank you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home