Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Jaywalker

After some trial and error I finally have a finished sock. I settled on doing a slightly longer version of the regular Jaywalker sock. I used Knitpicks Memories in "Fly Fishing".

I was doing some pretty crazy contortions trying to get a good picture of the finished sock. Not surprisingly it was kind of hard. This one is the best representation of the yarn color.

I think I may have enough yarn leftover from each skein to do a Calorimetry headband. I hate letting scraps go to waste.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said…

    this is VERY VERY NICE! :) the striping is awesome. :)

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The sock looks great! Did you make any adjustments to the pattern for fit, or did it fit you just fine? (That's been the issue for many knitters.)

    BTW - Are those your PJs? Is it Rainbow Brite or just a cutesy girl? Either way, they're pretty cute.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks guys!

    I ended up using #3 needles to get gauge in SS and I knitted the leg portion for 9 inches but otherwise kept everything the same. I would have made the sock even longer but it would only fit my calf to 9".

    Yes those are Rainbow Brite PJ's. I got them for Christmas since my family was tired of seing my raggedy pink bunny one's.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just took sock FO pictures the other day, so I totally know what you mean! I usually end up bent over, taking the picture upside-down or with the camera on the floor. and the mirror really helps with socks.
    they look lovely!

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    Ooh that looks lovely. A calorimetry would look great in that yarn.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Batty said…

    Lovely! Encore!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home