Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006















Nine hours in a car and this is what I have staring at me across the table at Thanksgiving. Nice. Thankfully the meal did not end in the same manner as “A Christmas Story”. This bloodhound managed to behave himself and not take off with the turkey. He did however stare forlornly at the food and the people eating it. He even had his own napkin so he didn’t drool on the tablecloth. Poor Duke, so sad. No pumpkin pie for you. Good food and lots of family though.

In knitting related news I have finished 2 new projects. However since they are destined to be gifts during the holiday season the pictures will not be posted for awhile. I’d just like to say now for the record that they are quite nice. Snazzy even.

I also picked up a few new needles at the holiday sales. The local craft store in the Rio Grande had their double pointed needles half price. I picked up sizes 0-4 for less than $1.50 each. Love it. This will of course allow me to make a real pair of socks eventually. No more doing them on chunky needles with worsted weight yarn. Soon I will be indoctrinated into the Cult O Socks. I fear they may be my downfall.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hee! No need to fear the sock . . . the sock is good!

    Glad you had a good T-giving . . . I'm not sure I could have eaten with Duke staring at me like that! :)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bwah-ha-ha! Come to the cult of sock! It's cozy over here.

    Ooh - I like snazzy gifties! I can't wait to see what you came up with.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    I've already started working on a real sock. I'm on my 4th lace reapeat for the Hedera sock from Knitty.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to the grandness that is the sock. You will like it here...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home