Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Purple Loving Freak

After feeling some serious hat making/stash busting burnout I decided to settle down and focus on one larger project. Here is the result.

This is a variation of the VK Fall 06 Fair Isle U-Neck Pullover. Of course I omitted the Fair Isle portion as well as the sleeves to turn this into a purplicious vest.

This was knit out of Caron Simply Soft in purple and took less than 2.5 skeins. I liked this pattern and I can definitely see myself doing another. Only next time I won’t skip the sleeves or the multicolors.

For some reason I seemed to have accumulated many skeins of this particular color over a long period of time without realizing it. So of course you will probably see matching accessories to go with the purple vest very soon. I’ll look like Grimace in no time.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:13 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Fab colour. I really like it and it looks good on you.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha ha - lay off the McMilkshakes before donning the vest!

    I'm loving your vest version of the sweater and I really like that U-neck. Great job!

    So what's next for your super knitting skillz?

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thank you Rain and Nanc!

    I haven't decided what I'm going to do next but I know I want to work on another big project. I have yarn set aside for a Lotus Blossom Top and it is really calling my name. We'll just have to wait and see.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am seriously envying your speed knitting skills. The u-neck was my favorite part about that top- looks great! Bring on the purple!

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said…

    VERRRRRY niiiiiiice :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home