Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Pretty in Pink (and Pimpin')












*For some reason the picture above looks kinda funky. It looks more normal in real life*
Finally, some progress! Occasionally there are knitting projects that seem to go on forever and this is one of them. Unfortunately I’ve only completed one of two sleeves. I really wanted this to have some sleeves so I played around to see what I could do. This is my second attempt at doing the sleeves. The first came out too tight but this seems to have worked out well. Now all I have to do is start another sleeve. Nothing but knit stitches as far as the eye can see. This could take awhile.

For those of you who love Project Runway as much as I do you may enjoy this. It’s a website that takes screen captions from the show and adds their own hilarious commentary. Here is an example. I love it.

In my last post I made mention of a furry pink pimp coat and here it is. The model wearing it is my good friend Matt.

A bit of backstory on this picture. When I lived in the dormitory at school and there would be various activities for the residents to participate in during the year. This picture was taken at the 2nd Annual SMU Fine Arts Drag Show. In the first year they just had the residents performing. The second year we called in the professionals since we had quite a few in the theater and dance programs at school. Despite not being front and center like the previous year we decided to dress up for the occasion. I wore a very saucy top that I would flash at people when my cardigan wasn’t buttoned up. Matt being the more conservative of the two of us had to raid my wardrobe for something he felt was appropriate. Hence the pink pimp coat. I was very proud when I found out later that one of the performers wanted to rip it off of Matt and take it home.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    The swaeter looks great and the way the yarn has pooled looks deliberate, it worked out really well

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said…

    oooh very niiiiiice :)

     
  • At 4:41 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks guys!

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The yarn pooling is really different, I can't believe it's so centered!
    Pimp coat in pink? That just cannot be topped.

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    The yarn that I used does have some incredible pooling ablilities. It's just one of the reasons I love using it.

    I don't know, I've got some pretty nutty stuff in my wardrobe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home