Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Red White & Blue




Here are two of my recently completed projects. They look a little matchy-matchy but one is not meant for me. I did a second "Letter Have It" tote from the Stitch N Bitch Nation at the request of my Mom. She wanted one for her friend in a red/white/blue combo which I acheived through Kool Aid. The colors look just like the Bomb Pop icecream I loved as a kid.

The second project was a very quick knit. The Topi Hat from Knitty. I was able to knit this in just over a day. It was fun but I wished I had used a nicer yarn. I just knit it in some acrylic I had deep in the stash and it was a bit scratchy. I'll know for the next time.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Faerynuff said…

    Absoloutely gorgeous - you did a great dye job with the koolaid.

    I always like your projects :)

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That hat looks wonderful, tho. So 'hurrahs' all around! And the bag is great, too. Yep - just like those Bomb Pops. (Do they still sell these, and do they go by the same name?)

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    Both look fab. I love the way the kool-aid worked out.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They look great! Oh! can I add your Topi pic to the gallery?
    Those handles on the bag look exactly like a Bomb Pop especially. As an aside- where'd you get your Styrofoam head?

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks ladies! I appreciate all the wonderful feedback.

    Nanc- I’m not sure if they still sell them. It’s been years since I’ve gone on a foot pursuit of the ice cream man.

    Jennifer - You can totally add the picture to your Topi gallery. I bought the head at a Sally’s Beauty supply store here in Dallas. It was about 3 or 4 dollars.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger sgeddes said…

    You can still get bomb pops. I saw them at the grocery yesterday. that is exactly what I thought about when I saw your set. Very nice!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home