Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Topi Part Deux


















Even though it basically looks the same as my first Topi I really like this one more. My second version was done in cotton yarn on size 4 needles and is much more likely to get used sometime this summer. Yay! A practical accessory.

I did most of this while visiting my sister and mother again this weekend. I really wanted to go to the Stitch n Pitch but family comes first. I'll be honest though, 2 things might have prevented me from coming anyway. 1: The heat 2: My propensity to get lost while driving. I was born with no sense of direction. Hell even left versus right trips me up occasionally.

I gave my mom the bag I made for her friend and she got me this funky purse. I like crazy wrestling masks and this bag just compliments my ever growing collection of Mexican folk art so wonderfully. It looks insane but then so do many other things that I own. I should start photographing the more nutty things in my closet. My pink pimp coat doesn't get displayed nearly as often as it should.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That mexican wrestling mask purse is AWESOME! I luv fun and funky things like this, too. Yay for you. And Yay! for the new, better fitting Lopi.

    Sorry that you couldn't/didn't come to the SnP. It was fun, but dang hot. (So you might have been better off, really.) Next time we have something like this, perhaps we'll set up a carpool.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love the hat, and the crazy purse, too!

    SnP was fun, but you're spot on that it was very very hot there. I really think they should schedule it for earlier in the season, like April/early May.

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said…

    great topi!!!

    you didn't miss much at the SNP. it was alot of fun...but it was SOO hot. plus all the knitters were so spread out!

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    That bag is so cool.

    Topi looks great in that colour.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga said…

    Wow You've been busy. Love the Hat now I for sure have to knit one! LOL. Kitty Hat Kitty Hat Topi Hat Topi Hat. Follow the leader!!!!

    Like the bag too.

    Pink Pimp Coat?????? Must see pic!!! I'll be checking back.

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks guys!! I’ve already gotten some use out of the new hat and it’s received several compliments. I can just imagine how hot it was the day of S&P. A hockey version would be awesome. Nice and cold indoors and maybe even cool enough to wear scarves we’ve knitted.

    Nanc- the carpool idea is a good one. I can drive as long as someone else is playing navigator.

    Hanane - I definitely recommend the Topi hat. It is so easy to adjust the size of the hat and you can knit it in all sorts of yarn weights. Maybe I’ll post a picture of the pimp coat in my next knitting update. It’s pretty snazzy.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger joeyjeremiah said…

    where do i buy this purse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home