Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bustin my Stash



















Some more adventures in stash busting.

A felted cloche hat made from my Knitpicks WOTA.

A Rose of Sharon hat from Magknits.

And a hat made from a partial skein of Red Heart.

Down below there is a armwarmer from Spunmag made out of Suri Merino. I've been knitting and unknitting projects from this yarn for almost a year now. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this one either. I may reknit it but add an extra lace reapeat instead of ribbing at the bottom.

Finally there is my mini Market Bag. All it needs is a lining and it will be a nice little shoulder bag. Still many more skeins to go though.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn you are fast girl! The cloche shaping looks perfect, what pattern did you use?

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sheesh! Do you ever quit, woman?! Hee hee, j/k. Those are all awesome stash-busting projects, and they look great! You seem to be queen of the hats and scarves (and bags?).

    I agree with your thought on the arm warmer - less ribbing, one more lace repeat. But then again, that requires frogging and reknitting, so it's good to stay, too. What fabric will you use to line the bag?

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said…

    God I wish I looked as good in hats as you do. What a cute cloche hat. I love the shape of it!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am mightily impressed!!!

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    The white hat is fab and looks great on you.


    I really like the lace part of the armwarmers, they look really pretty in that yarn.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks everyone for the nice compliments! I may be feeling the first signs of hat burn out so I'm slowing my knitting roll by doing a sweater on size 5 needles. Fun times.

    Jennifer: the cloche pattern can be found for free here http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/iceland-splash-feltedhat.html

    Nanc: Since I'd only completed one armwarmer I don't feel so bad about doing it over. I may even make them opera length just for kicks. I have some sheer pink-red fabric that I think will show nicely through the mesh of the bag.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the mini market bag. E-mail me a pic so I can include it in the gallery.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home