Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Yay Skulls!















Yay skulls! This is some of my progress on the double knit scarf I've got in the works. I think its deliciously evil. Save the warm fuzzies for some other family. This is just how we do it. Eventually this scarf will be for my sister but DK is super slow and tedious so it may end up being a Christmas gift.

In the meantime I've got other projects to break up the boredom. I redid the armwarmer I knit sometime back and I'm very pleased with the result. It may not be the super prettiest pattern but it is soooo very comfortable to wear. All I need now is to knit its sibling.






Also I've started work on the IK Icarus shawl in Knit Picks Shadow. I've had to restart this bad boy about 6 or 7 times. I don't know what the issue is but I manage to seriously screw up really simple lace. I do love the color though so I will continue on for however long it may take. I was so excited when I finished 20 rows and was able to put in a floss lifeline.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    The scarf looks fab so far. I love the look of double knitting but find the time it takes drives me crazy. Hope you get it done in time.

    I love the colour you chose for Icarus.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the skulls!!

    And I feel your pain with the shawl . . . every time I've attempted lace so far (not many, but enough), I've ended up rip-rip-ripping over and over!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay skulls indeed! Looks great in the black and purple.

    I think the starting of a lace shawl is one of trickiest parts. It's so small you can't really see what you're doing or too much pattern emerging yet. I bet you'll sail through the rest of it!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am dying to try double knitting! I just don't know what to start with. Your scarf is lovely.

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks guys! I made a little more headway into my Icarus only to have to frog back to a lifeline. It will be spring before this thing's done!

    The double knitting was pretty easy once I figured out the basics. This would probably have been an easier pattern to start with: http://www.craftychickonline.com/Knit%20Star%20Scarf.htm

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said…

    the skulls look awesome! the lifeline thing will save you from many frustrating ripping sessions. you are a smart cookie. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home