Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

More Knitting than you can shake a stick at

What have I been up to? No good to say the least. Finally the holiday is past and I managed to complete all of my knitting goals with a bit extra.

Gifts Given - things I knit for the family.




































Almost, but not quite = Project that didn’t turn out how I wanted them to so I passed on making them Christmas gifts. The brimmed hat was in danger of going flying at the first sign of wind. My brother got a London Beanie instead The colors for the Center Square hat weren’t working for me so I knit my dad a skull hat instead.










Crochet - I found out that my Great Grandmother, whom I never got to meet, was into crochet. Here is an exquisite doily done on super small hooks. Hooks that look like they were meant for eye surgery. I’ll make good use of them when my copy of the SnB Crochet arrives in the mail. Also I’m rocking a poncho that has been waiting for me in a closet since about 1972.
















Finished and in Progress - Some finally finished objects along with mini projects. A tubey sweater I’ve been working on and off for the past year. A lace sock, a sparkly gold shrug, a hat, and finally the seemingly endless My So Called Scarf.

10 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said…

    you were a VERY VERY busy Christmas knitter. great work! I just picked up crocheting too...and you know, it's not as horrible as I thought it would be. :) i actually like it! haha.

    happy new year! :)

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Batty said…

    You're not kidding, that's a lot of knitting! I'm still trying to pick up crochet, there's something about it that makes it not come naturally to me the way knitting does. But I'm not giving up!

    Oh, and that poncho totally rocks!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks guys! Now that I've purchased the SnB crochet book I'm hoping to rapidly improve my skills. We'll see how that goes : )

    I think the poncho rocks too! Too bad I never got to say that to the Great-Grandmother in question.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    No stick shaking here, you've done so much. The things you made as gifts are lovely. Love the poncho! Your tubey looks fantastic.

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, you rock that poncho like nobody else I know possibly could! And yay for lots of finished knits -- all of them are great.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    cute stuff! I especially like that first hat. SnB crochet is a great book, in the usual snb way.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got to agree with the other commentors - that poncho looks awesome on you! So hip and retro! Squee!

    Wow, you've really killed with the gift knitting. I'm surprise that you didn't automatically combust and go up in flames from all that knittin'. Great job, though. I like all the hats, your scarf, and the glittery shrug. W00t!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks guys!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said…

    That first hat is gorgeous! It's made from Paton's SWS in Natural Hibiscus right? What did you use for the white? What pattern is that? Have I asked enough questions? =P

    Tubey looks fantastic! I love the colors. All your things come out so cute!

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks turtlegirl!

    According to the ball band the color I used was SWS Natural Geranium. The white yarn I used was Paton's Classic Merino wool. The pattern for the hat can be found here: http://magknits.com/Nov06/patterns/fakeisle.htm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home