Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hooking on the Streets

You can now find me hooking on street corners. Or at least on benches during my lunch break from work. I recently learned the art of crochet and have completed my very first project. I’d like to thank Petra for taking the time to show me what’s what with crochet.




















I did the Stripes & Stripes scarf from Debbie Stoller’s “Happy Hooker” with Paton’s SWS yarn. I love how the color changes look with the pattern. Now I just need to find a saucy hat pattern to go with this.

I started this at the Knit Out but decided that it really would look better in multiple colors rather than just white. It made for excellent practice though.






















This was a hat that I started but I may frog the thing. I’m not really feeling the bobble stitch despite how cute it looks in the pictures. I’ll let it stew awhile and revisit this later.











Free stuff! I won this lovely door prize at the KO&C2. Very nice.













A tiny little pink pimp coat for a very special Barbie. Hopefully I can get a picture of her wearing it because it’s pretty swank on her.









Please excuse me a minute while I try to steal your soul.












The Bzzzz hat from Stitch n Bitch nation done in Noro Kujaku. I knit it too large so it will have to be resized later.

For my birthday a friend took me to the Ritz-Carlton for brunch and I was presented with a lovely bouquet of roses and a pregnant armadillo whom I named Armo. Watch as Armo’s baby pops out Alien-style.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger PurlingPirate said…

    Just the fact that someone even makes a pregnant armadillo is cracking me up!!! Great crocheting!

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the crocheting looks great! isn't it great being a hooker? once you learn, it's got you hooked! (har har..lame i know!)

    happy belated birthday!

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks guys!

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    EEEE!!!! I love your scarf! The colors are faboo and the crocheting? WOW!! Hmmm... the Ritz-Carlton, roses and a pregnant armadillo? That is one rockin' birthday!

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Miss Knotty said…

    Happy happy birthday late! Your noro hat looks kinda like a panta - and your scarf is GORGEOUS!

    See you Sunday,

    Miss Knotty, who's feeling the scarf love (now, if it would just get COLD enough...)

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great yarn choice for the S&B Nation hat, I totally love that!

    It seperates the colors out so perfectly :)

    I think I might need to attempt one too?

    -K

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Thanks Kent! I do recommend this pattern. It's so easy to knit and it has such an interesting look to it.
    Also, to make it even easier I knit it inside out so that there was more knit stitches than purls.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Batty said…

    I love that hat!

    The armadillo has me cracking up like you wouldn't believe. Baby armadillo or alien, you decide!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home