Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Throwdown at the SNB

Throwdown Photo Set

You never leave the house thinking that your going to see something crazy happen. I certainly don’t think that unless I’m going out clubbing somewhere and that is when I hope it will happen.

The SnB started off normally enough, people settling in and getting their snacks to nosh on. It was seemingly average meeting so far, dare I say even sedate. The day quickly changed and will probably be referred to often enough in the future as the SnB with the ass kicking. We were all sitting around knitting and crocheting our individual projects when I suddenly realize there is a commotion at the other end of the table and everyone is looking out the window. Being the curious little monkey that I am I want to see whatever it is that is going on outside. What do I see? Four guys beating the ever lovin’ bejeezus out of some guy behind the dumpster! Not just punching as is usual in a fight but holding this guy face down on the floor while they stomp his head. What in the hell?

Quite a few of the ladies in the group whip out their cell phones to call the police while a couple go to alert the staff what is going on. Almost every time we go to this café there are at least 2 or 3 po-po hanging around having lunch and on this date there was nary a one to be seen. Even the staff was wondering where they were. I’m not sure how long the beating when on for but it seemed to be awhile. A man who worked at the café went outside to see what he could do but a 4 against 1 was not a good thing. I give him props for even going and yelling at them. I on the other hand whipped out my disposable camera to get a picture of these guys in case they took off before the cops got there. Finally the authorizes arrive and the fight is broken up.

From what I could understand they man on the ground had stolen something from one of the other men and they had chased him down. I can understand chasing down a thief and calling the cops but splitting the guys head open? A bit intense. An all around interesting day.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was a crazy scene, for sure. But just imagine if us knitter had to take care of it!

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    I kept wanting to yell, "This is Texas people! Where the hell are all the guns at?"

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    With what they are charging at the pumps now I may have to go out and start some fights.

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga said…

    Ok....I am sort of sorry Sahara and I missed that one. I feel really bad for the guy getting beat.
    Hope to see every one tomorrow.

    Hanane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home