Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Cowardly Lion




Cowardly Lion
Originally uploaded by Baigneuse.
Poor Duke, how we impugn your manliness with such items.

Here is my brother's bloodhound modeling the lion mane I made him for Halloween. I'm still waiting on my brother to send a clearer shot that shows the mane, the outfit, and the pompom tail that attaches to the dog's real tail.

I winged the outfit he wears but the headpiece is based on the "Coif" hat on Knitty. I added loops as often as I felt the need and then knitted some ears to sew onto it. The whole getup is made from Caron Perfect Match in yellow and brown.

Let us hope that Duke doesn't get laughed off the block by the other dogs come Halloween.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger entrelac said…

    Too cute! I can totally picture my sister's Rhodesian Ridgeback wearing that SAME costume. Well, that or black spots and a Scooby Doo collar. ;)

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger An said…

    OMG!!!! That is adorable. Post more pictures--i want to see the tail too

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga said…

    Toooooooooo cute! I love it.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha ha ha! Too funny! Since he went as the cowardly lion, is the rest of the gang (tinman, scarecrow, and dorothy) around anywhere?

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    I wish! My brother could very well pass for the scarecrow. He wanted a fierce lion but Duke looks so sad in his costume that he immediately became the "cowardly" lion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home