Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Trip down Memory Lane


My First Sweater -- Old Project
Originally uploaded by Baigneuse.
You never forget your first Your first kiss, the first job you had, the first time you killed a man, and your first sweater. Ah memories…..

I still have a lot of things to unpack after moving and while I was going through some boxes I found the first real sweater I ever made. Though the picture is good it is also deceiving. From the amount of cat hair that was coating it I think Belle had been nesting in it at some point and I just didn’t notice.

Looking at it now I can see so much of what I hadn’t learned yet. This was made before I knew the importance of things like gauge and finding out what is an appropriate substitution for the yarn the pattern calls for. The yarn was too thin and it has the result of making the sweater see-through under light. I also did not know how to attach the sleeves properly, sleeves which just happen to be about 8 inches too long.

I look at this monstrous creation and think “Damn, I’ve come a hell of a long way”. I’ve still got plenty to go but its nice to know some things have improved. This sweater will never be worn out in public but at least it is comfy enough for at home use.

The pattern is the “Big Sack Sweater” from Stitch n Bitch and made from Lion Brand wool-ease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home