Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Ringing in the New Year

Just when I got used to writing 2007 instead of 2006 on documents they go and switch it up on me again.

Since I’m not one for new years resolutions that I can actually stick to in my regular life I’ll just stick to knitting resolutions. Any notion of loosing weight or eating healthy went out the window with the discovery of the Sprinkles Cupcake Store. ( I blame my mother who is a cupcake enabler).








1. Stop repeating the same patterns twice or more (except socks).

I’m certainly guilty of falling into a knitting rut. When I find a pattern I like I tend to knit it up in several variations. No more! I will try not to repeat anything twice except in the case of socks. Another exception will be the scarf and 2 masks I’ve already been tasked to make for friends and family but those came in before the resolution was made.

2. Finish at least 4 projects that I started in 2007.
My favorite part of knitting is the beginning when you swatch and cast on. Actually getting to the end is where the difficulties start for me. The top contenders are ( Ruby Red Slipper sock, Mr. Rogers’s Cardi, Print O’ the Wave shawl, Hexagon Bag, Deep V Vest and Lacey Cardi).

3. Use up a substantial part of my stash.
I spent so much time stash busting last year only to loose all my progress with some recent purchases. I was thinking about suggesting a yarn swap for SnB so that everyone can unload skeins they’ve already lost interest in. That and I need to make room for all the stuff I bought at a Boxing Day Sale and other sales.

Hopefully I’ll fulfill at least one of these resolutions. We will just have to wait and see what the new year holds for me.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Batty said…

    I so hear you on 3! Good luck! And those are certainly delicious-looking cupcakes. Yum, cupcakes!

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year! Can you believe that I haven't had a Sprinkles Cupcake yet? Hmmm.. Sounds like I might want to stay away from them! Your knitting resolutions are great. I am going to work on something similar to your number 2 myself. Good Luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home