Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Accidentally on Purpose


Front
Originally uploaded by Baigneuse.
A frontal shot of my "Accidentally on Purpose" Top from SnB Nation.

I origionally purchased this yarn with no paticular project in mind. It's a nice inexpensive cotton that I've used before called Sinfonia.

The yarn is not self striping but does seem to work out with amazing pooling sometimes. This just happens to be an extreme case of that. One person noted that it looked like ink-blot argyle and they weren't wrong.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Rebecca Haden said…

    I'd like to hear about your experiences with Sinfonia. I made Nothin' But a T-Shirt with it last summer and found it unpleasantly clingy. Is that the nature of the yarn, or just a bad fit between pattern and yarn (or perhaps just my figure)? I've been trying to decide whether to frog it and make something else with it, or just give up on it.

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    I think it really depends on the item your knitting.

    This particular top was probably the 4th item I've used Sinfonia for and the results have varied. Sometimes it works like a dream while other times the results are lackluster.

    The best example of my Sinfonia use being the Leah top I posted November 11, 2005 on my blog. In that case the pooling of colors added to the overall effect and not only did it fit wonderfully but it draped nicely as well.

    The worst being my Grace top that I posted on May 29, 2005. In that instance the yarn seemed to show every lump and bump on me.

    Sometimes it's hard to tell how the yarn will work out for a particular project so if your unhappy with your item I'd suggest frogging it and give it another try.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home