Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Halley Comet strikes again




There is nothing quite like the smell of wet wool. Mmmmmm, musty. At least in my mind I can associate it with a finished object drying in my bathroom.

I completed my 3rd Halley hat today. A completion that almost didn’t happen. This particular version was done using a partial leftover skein from my Blackberry sweater. It was knit over the course of 2 movie/TV nights at Erica’s which P.S. if you haven‘t been watching Veronica Mars on UPN than you are missing out and I feel nothing but pity and contempt for you. With about 15 stitches left to bind off last night I ran out of yarn. Sonofabitch! Normally I would have simply undone some of the work and left it a row shorter but I had already omitted much of the bottom part because I knew I wouldn’t have much more material to work with. Luckily I was able to cannibalize some yarn scraps from my sweater project to finish this one.

When it was finally off the needles it was very obvious that the only way this was going to fit on my x-large sized head was through the miracle of blocking. During the blocking process I managed to drop an open bottle of woolite onto the floor of my bathroom but with some time, patience, and a roll of paper towels I was able to rectify some of the damage. At least I will have a fun hat to wear on warm days. Yay.

Pattern is by Marnie Maclean

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home