Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Panta Files







I hadn’t actually thought about it but Erica did point out to me that the amount of knitting I do really isn’t reflected in the content of my site. I tend to only post the big stuff here but only if I remember to do so. The link on the right of the screen titled “My Knitting Photo Album” is much more comprehensive and up to date. Probably cause I’m a lazy ho and all I have to do is upload the photos with little effort. That’s just the way I roll.

Craftster has again sucked me into its vortex and forced me to drop what I was doing and make this item not once but twice. Thankfully this is basically an instant gratification project and they were completed in a day or two.

My first go at it was with my left over Noro yarn from Tubey. The colors worked out wonderfully in this pattern so of course I had to go and do it again.

The second time around I decided to be slightly more creative and I knitted up the Panta with plain white LB Fisherman’s wool. After it was done I used Kool Aid to dye the object in a reddish-pink color way. I used overlaps of Pink Lemonade, Strawberry, and Black Cherry to get the job done.

One of the problems with the pattern, through no fault of the designers, is the fact that pulling on a headband is hard to do when you have an abnormally large head. Just as I was finishing up the second headband someone posted the idea of using buttons as fasteners so you wouldn’t have to pull it on over you head. Brilliant! I could kiss that person. I just so happened to have a couple of snap closures that worked out fantastically.

Link to Craftster topic

6 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow - that was a nice n' juicy big blog post. yay! I'll be making a panta or two come fall - for family up north, of course!

    Um... is that a bandaid on your forehead?

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Yeah, my big ole noggin had a run in with my car door.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said…

    hey its empress harajuku from knitty... I love you rblog wold you mind if I linked to you from mine?

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    I sent an email but in case it doesn't get there, I'd love for you to link to me. I enjoy reading your blog as well.

     
  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said…

    your panta is so cute!! i keep saying i need to start mine and then i forget! i have alot of bad hair days... i could totally panta my bad hair day away!

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Baigneuse said…

    Be careful, these babies are addicting to do. I'm on my third and I'm sure I'll contine making more and more. They make great stash busters though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home