Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The year so far....

December 31st I made several resolutions regarding my knitting. More than a month later this is my progress.

It took me less than a month to break knitting resolution #1. Sometimes I just can’t seem to help myself. I wondered if it would be a good idea to do a modular scarf in such a lightweight yarn but seeing the Modern Quilt Wrap showed me it could be done. The scarf doesn’t seem to use up much yarn and it is a great way to use up partial skeins of KSH.


















I did manage to fulfill one part of knitting resolution #2. I finished a project that I had started the previous year. It is a small project but baby steps aren’t a bad thing.

Pro: I finally frogged and re-knit the top portion of my pink Fake Isle hat. Yay!
Con: The new looser gauge I knit at left the hat so big that I have to fold up the brim. Boo!
I refuse to try to untangle all that stranded knitting so I’m choosing to leave the hat as is. It doesn’t look too bad this way.
















Knitting resolution #3 took a hit with my recent sock yarn sale purchases.









In other knitting news….

I finally took the crochet cast on off and completed the beaded picot bind off . What kept putting me off was the fear of having completed all that beaded lace work only to drop a stitch and mess up what I had accomplished. I finally went through with it and the results are fantastic.








As usual Noro has produced a delightfully colorful yarn. Unfortunately this stuff gets twisted and tangled pretty easily. It’s not the most touchable yarn either. However it did soften up a bit when I washed it., especially once I added a bit of fabric softener to the soak. I can’t wait to have a sister sock for this one. It may take a bit longer since I want to try and match up the color stripes. One ball of this stuff goes a long way and if I wasn’t so concerned with matching the stripes I would probably have enough yarn left over from this skein to finish the second sock.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    fantastic FO's!!! :)

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Batty said…

    Lovely Ice Queen, and the hat will be handy when your ears get cold.

    I'm currently using the Noro sock yarn, and I couldn't agree more. Feels ooky to knit with, it twists like crazy, but the colors are incredible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home