I'm Back! Knitting timeline included
Mid to late February
- My beret ended up being too tight so I will eventually cast this on again with a larger needle and more stitches. I really like the way the color of the yarn compliments the stitch pattern. I'm looking forward to completing this one. Hat based of the moss stitch beret.
- With a double strand of worsted weight yarn I was able to crochet this hat in one day. Whoo-hoo! I seemed to have been in a purple phase at this time because suddenly I was making a slew of purple projects. I never seem to notice that I'm doing this until after the fact.
- As soon as I'm finished with my current lace project I intend to take this up again. The Juno Regina is such a lovely pattern and the color I bought for it (Crushed Velvet in silk lace) is amazing. I probably won't be very faithful to it but I think it deserves more attention that it has been receiving (none) in the last few months.
- My test swatches for the Eunny Jang Endpaper mitts have led me to the conclusion that I need to knit this in two solid colors. Solid with a varigated just wasn't working for me.
- Yet another purple hat. I crocheted this for a friend's birthday.
- This poor yarn has been frogged so often I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. A hand warmer, then a sock, then back to a hand warmer. In the picture it was going to be a spiral bed sock but then it was turning into a spiral arm warmer. I haven't decided what if anything I plan to do with this. The colors are gorgeous though.
- This hand warmer is still on the needles with only the thumb needing to be completed. As it gets colder I'm sure I'll find the motivation to complete it and its future sister.
- A crochet scarf from the Happy Hooker
- My completed Noro socks. The first sock had a sudden color change with a knot so it made matching the second sock more difficult to match up. I really love the Noro colors and have since stocked up on several colorways for future projects.
- Another crochet beret. This was a bit too tight so I plan on going back and adding more increases.
- The Eunny Jang Entrelac sock in progress with more Noro.
- A "They Call Them Pirates" hat for my Dad.
- I decided to skip the seaming that was going to make this into a stockinette tube scarf.
- A test baby bootie. I couldn't figure this pattern out from reading it so I tried it using scrap yarn. You may see the real version somewhere down the line.
- I've been working on this lace shawl since March but I've only included the latest picture. I bought 2 balls of Jojoland Harmony for this but it is looking like it will only take one to complete this project.
- Trellis baby sweater from Knitty for a coworker.
- Another project I'm calling time on. Instead of a long one I'm leaving this as a scarflette. If I want to add more it will be easy enough with crochet.
- A mindless TV knitting project made out of some dreamy soft alpaca.