Baigneuse's Knit Fit

Just a place to post picts of my little ol' knitting projects.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Hats

Hats! My love of hats is no secret so of course I had to make as many as I could. Many of these are now staples in my wardrobe.

This however is not one of them. The hat looks pretty good in this photo but from most angles I look like I am wearing a puffy pastery chef hat. It is because I used a yarn that was too thick and made for a stiff fabric. Next time I would use either a thinner yarn or a softer yarn to avoid that problem.


I love this hat but it is too small for me. I’ve ripped the project with the intent of going back someday to reknit it in a bigger size.


The Trinity hat however was too large. I’ve since frogged it and reused it in a different hat. If I did this one again I would knit some elastic into the brim.


This hat turned out quite well with the use of some sock yarn that had been in my stash forever.


This is one of the two patterns that I knit from “Boutique Knits”. It is one of my favorite hats.


The Princess Leia bun hat proved to be quite popular at last years departmental holiday party as a white elephant gift.


My second hat from “Boutique Knits” and the project I reused the yarn from the Trinity hat with. Another one of my favorites that gets worn a lot. The fabric created from a comination of the yarn and stitch makes a wonderfully cosy hat.


This hat get a lot of everyday wear as well. The cheery yellow yarn is a nice pop of color on a cold gray day.


A bit snug on me but I love the way the top of this hat looks.


The white elephant gift that I knit for this years departmental holiday party. It also proved to be quite popular.


A hat that I made as a gift for a Stars fan. I tried to dye the yarn but I couldn’t find the stuff I usually use. The color didn’t really take but I may redye the hat for her at a later time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home